Where is the latest version of Combres?

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Edited Sep 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM

There has been some confusion about using the latest version of Combres:

1. Downloads: all binary downloads are obsolete, you should grab from NuGet for latest versions of Combres.  To avoid future confusion, I've deleted the binaries associated with these CodePlex releases.  In addition, for each new release of Combres, I'll add a blank release pointing to NuGet and make it the default page you see when going to the Downloads page.
  2. Source Code: previously the "Latest Version" section of this page will bring you to a very old release (Jan 2011). The reason is that CodePlex expects me to mark a commit with a specific tag ("default") for it to appear in Latest Version. I have missed this requirement and just discovered it just now (let's say GitHub has spoiled me). From now on, in the convention of CodePlex, I'll maintain 2 tags:
    1. default: point to the relatively latest source commit (might not always be the latest in case I make interim or untested change); if you want to get the latest fixes and features, build from this source
    2. stable: point to the code associated with the most latest NuGet release 

If any of you come across a bug/issue that I claim to have fixed, e.g. the notorious content-type getting lost issue, it's most likely you're using a old version of Combres. Please upgrade to the latest version of Combres from NuGet or build from the latest "default" commit.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:07 AM

hey there,

what changes, enhancesments or bug fixes does the latest release (2.2.2.6) address?