forking does not fork from the latest revision

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Can you please merge your current branch with the main branch so that forks and pull requests can contribute to the source?

Also there is a few issues with the current head:

1. MSAjaxCssMinifier.cs is referenced in the project but is not included in source control. Deleting this file allowed me to compile.
  2. References to dotless.Core and Fasterflect don't correctly reference their assembly in the Libraries directory, I had to delete and re-add them.

I'm trying to remove the log4net dependency in the main assembly because the log4net team really screwed up and had to create a whole new public key for their assembly, and the CMS we're using (Umbraco) has a dependency on thd old version, and since there's a new key I can't do assembly redirection. :( :( :(

Thanks!

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Sorry for the omission and (very) late response. I've addressed the 2 issues you mentioned already.

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Cool -- Is there still a dependency on log4net? Would you be open to taking a fork request that splits the logging implementation into a separate project?

May 1, 2012 at 3:56 PM

@kensykora   Which  version of Log4net is being used in Umbraco.

have you tried to remove newer log4net  version reference from your project to make it work with Umbraco?

May 2, 2012 at 5:07 AM

I have. Because they changed the public key for the newer version, assembly forwarding doesn't work, and i cannot remove the dependency. This really is my only option. Check out the pull request I sent you this weekend. i think it's a very fair solution to extract the dependency to another layer and change the default logging implementation to IgnoreLogger... because honestly I've used Combres in 5 projects so far and haven't used the logger once.

http://combres.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/forks/kensykora/CombresWihoutLog4Net/contribution/2129

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I've merge the branch to main. Forking should now fork from main. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Thanks for the pull request! The trunk already has Log4Net module separated from Combres. The next release of Combres will thus won't have Log4Net built-in, instead add a separate package Combres.Log4Net.