Automated testing

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Is there a suite of automated tests for this project? If not are there plans to create one?

I only ask the question because it might increase adoption of this library by proving that it is of high quality. I'm using it in the beta phase of a project I recently finished and it's working flawlessly so far.

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Sorry, no automated test suite so far.  I extracted out the bits that now became Combres from another project.  By the time it was separated out, there was already so much code that writing unit test from scratch is a daunting task (both because of the sheer size & complexity of the job).  From then on, I've kept adding features as per my own needs & user requests.  The quality of Combres is battle-tested in applications developed by me and some others reporting in other threads.  I admit a comprehensive automated test suite would bring about more confidence in Combres' quality.  But again, I honestly don't have plan to implement it now.  This is a space that is open to contribution.  If there's anyone who is interesting in this challenge, you're welcome.