Why does the sample create a script tag but when...

Jun 22, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Hi

When I run the MVC example it magically makes a script tag when the html helper is used. I put it in my site and it just renders the path. I had to make my own script tag. Took me quite a while to figure out I should make my own.

So is something wrong on my copy or what?

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I suppose that's because you have the defaultIgnorePipelineWhenDebug or ignorePipelineWhenDebug attribute of the resource set set to true.  If that's the case, change it to false.  If that's not the case, please post the content of your Combres.xml file.

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM
Edited Jun 22, 2010 at 10:34 PM
buunguyen wrote:

I suppose that's because you have the defaultIgnorePipelineWhenDebug or ignorePipelineWhenDebug attribute of the resource set set to true.  If that's the case, change it to false.  If that's not the case, please post the content of your Combres.xml file.

Hi

I don't understand what those options actually do. I don't really get what the documentation says about it.

Thanks

Edit

Here is my  file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<combres xmlns='urn:combres'>
    <cssMinifiers>
        <minifier name="yui" type="Combres.Minifiers.YuiCssMinifier, Combres">
            <param name="CssCompressionType" type="string" value="StockYuiCompressor" />
            <param name="ColumnWidth" type="int" value="-1" />
        </minifier>
    </cssMinifiers>
    <jsMinifiers>
        <minifier name="msajax" type="Combres.Minifiers.MSAjaxJSMinifier, Combres" binderType="Combres.Binders.SimpleObjectBinder, Combres">
            <param name="CollapseToLiteral" type="bool" value="true" />
            <param name="EvalsAreSafe" type="bool" value="true" />
            <param name="MacSafariQuirks" type="bool" value="true" />
            <param name="CatchAsLocal" type="bool" value="true" />
            <param name="LocalRenaming" type="string" value="CrunchAll" />
            <param name="OutputMode" type="string" value="SingleLine" />
            <param name="RemoveUnneededCode" type="bool" value="" />
            <param name="StripDebugStatements" type="bool" value="true" />
        </minifier>
    </jsMinifiers>
    <resourceSets url="~/combres.axd" defaultDuration="30"
                                  defaultVersion="auto"
                                  defaultDebugEnabled="auto"
                                  defaultIgnorePipelineWhenDebug="false"
                                  defaultVersionGenerator="Combres.VersionGenerators.Sha512VersionGenerator">

<resourceSet name="CDN" type="js" compressionEnabled="false">
            <resource path="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" mode="dynamic" />
            <resource path="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.1/jquery-ui.min.js" mode="dynamic" />
            <resource path="http://ajax.microsoft.com/ajax/jquery.validate/1.7/jquery.validate.min.js" mode="dynamic" />
        </resourceSet>

</resourceSets>

</combres>

Edit 2

I think I was using wrong html helper. I was using Url not Link. I will check if this was the problem.