How do your run the mvc example?

Jun 22, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Hi

I downloaded the example and first thing I noticed there is no solution file(.sln) so how do I open it? I tried doing opening it with the .csproj but then it wants me to convert it to .net 4.0 and then I get this error.

System.Web.HttpException was unhandled by user code
  Message=The incoming request does not match any route.
  Source=System.Web
  ErrorCode=-2147467259
  WebEventCode=0
  StackTrace:
       at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext)
       at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext httpContext)
       at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at MvcSample._Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\chobo2\Downloads\Source\Source\Combres\Samples\MvcSample\Default.aspx.cs:line 18
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  InnerException:

So what am I doing wrong?

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Hi!  The solution file is in the Combres folder (Combres.sln).  I guess I should also create a separate solution file for the samples.

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:50 PM
buunguyen wrote:

Hi!  The solution file is in the Combres folder (Combres.sln).  I guess I should also create a separate solution file for the samples.

Hi Thanks for replaying to all my questions! Ya I think that would be good. Also you should include all the .dlls to run the samples too. It kinda sucks your trying to see how something works and it is crashing left and right. Then you realize that you have to get all the .dlls yourself(but then your not sure which ones so you have to do it one at a time till it stops crashing).