Access to the path is denied

May 19, 2010 at 5:09 PM
Hi there, In trying to use Combres in my ASP.net MVC 2 application, I get the following error: Access to the path "{system path here}" is denied. This is due to a System.UnauthorizedAccessException that is being thrown from the line: routes.AddCombresRoute("Combres Route"); in my Global.asax.cs file. I'm running the application on a development machine using Visual Studio 2008's built-in web server, so presumably the process is running under my user name, who is also an admin on the machine and the owner/creator of the folder that the application resides in. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks....
May 19, 2010 at 5:47 PM
In case anybody is interested, I figured out that the real problem was not a folder permissions one; rather, I hadn't specified in my web.config where the actual combres xml configuration file was. So, I suppose it was trying to open a file with no name in the web root. So, rather than throwing an exception about not being able to find the file, it instead threw a permissions exception. Lesson learned.